The last time we dined in 'the Village', I insisted in having a banana Split. Though it may be not the right time for her to have bananas due to its alkaline nature, I somehow convinced her to have a split of the split. Fingers crossed, I prayed that it should be a twin banana.
Molly Aunty always used to say that if jawani girls eat twin bananas very often, they get twin babies. Some how my girl got convinced about this idea and there started my pain of finding twin bananas. I roamed from hawker to hawker and end of the day I used to be lucky for the twin kiss on my cheeks!
During this time, I had to fly to Pittsburgh for the seminar organized on Labor laws by our organization. Never expected soon, still I was in a kind of dilemma to fly. But this time, she convinced me that it would be only in my presence that she would gift me our Twins. She never used to let me go far, even let an overnight stay, ever since she is carrying. With all the trust in my love, I flew to Pittsburg. Before I could finish my disembark procedures I rushed to a booth. With no Rubles in my hand I failed to proceed with a call. But with the great act of a Russian lady, finally I dialed her. To my amazement, my mother picked up and she spoke to me as if she got her life back. With the tremble in her words, I panicked. Suddenly my dad took over the call and told me Mabrook*. A drop of tear, whether a sad or a happy drop, rolled out of my eyes. Innalillah# I whispered under my lips. I put the phone back to the cradle and kissed the Russian who 'blessed' me the coin... She was shocked with my hug, but then smiled with her tiny teeth outside and asked me for which I dint know to answer, but I gestured for which she hug me closer and placed a kiss on my cheek. I still had my hands with three fingers raised towards the sky.
*-Congratulations in Arabic
#-A prayer said when a surprise news is heard by Muslims
No comments:
Post a Comment