I just felt like my seat tilted! Ohh I was asleep in my seat. I looked around and can see a huge Afro American lady sitting in the window seat. The hang of Jack Daniels is left a bit. Struggling to open the eyes wider I came to know that the person next to me was the reason I moved out of my seat. Perhaps he must be following the instructions given by the sweet looking lady clad in velvety Red mini's and suit. I slowly put my hands on search to find my hidden seat belts under me!
The rays of early morning sun was falling on my face. Never imagined it to be that beautiful from 30000 feet high.
I settled down after putting on my seat belts, but not with seats tilted this time, as the pilot announced landing. After a neat 30ml, I slowly slipped back to my dreams... "Jack's the best when you are on-board" was told by friend Dutt, but since I was a teetotaler I had never in mind the alcohol names. I no more can claim that am a teetotaler. A sip of Jack's made me unfit to be it anymore, but the sip of it made me comfortable during my first Journey leaving my parents, friends and my loved one's.
I was at the peak of ecstasy when the US consulate stamped the H1 seal on my passport. Pubs and restaurants welcomed my friends for parties. But I never understood that we had a covalent bond that kept us together. I loved Chemistry the most, not for the formulae but for the chemistry that bonds. Body chemistry, Love, Ego, Fights, Laughter, Infactuations... watever we name it were all because of the complex chemical changes that were happening within ourselves... And I loved covalent bonds for they bonded by sharing and to me "Sharing is Caring and Caring is loving".
I could sight land beneath me and the flight is set to touch the runway of JFK. A new life, a new career and new friends...I closed my eyes slowly, and a drop of tear rolled out through my cheeks and saw its way to the chin. Like a kid, I just licked it and I could taste the saltness, the chemistry of adieu.
:Dedicated to my friend Brijesh who is flying tonite to Philadelphia
No comments:
Post a Comment