Sunday, November 28, 2010

Care!

A handful of mud, more mud over it again and again. First I could feel the cold of the mud, but couldn’t feel it any more. My limps had frozen and the bleeding has almost stopped. I can feel that my ruh* slowly parting away. Its painful.  
I always thought if I were a bit fairer and good looking, people would have cared for me!!When I see my friends and brothers getting more care from, i wept under the darkness... Thanks to the creator for the Moon that covers the day light so that I could weep under my eyes closed.
I always wondered what was wrong in me. I am loyal to anyone who cared for me, and had been. But hardly anybody recognized me. The worst to happen is the ignorance. With a heavy heart and love thudding in my heart to everyone around me, I had felt many times winding up my life sooner. Many times I tried jumping around a car or a bus wishing that at least someone would care for me during my last journey, being a living creature on this heavenly earth. But I always cared more for my Creator and expected that someday even I would be considered in someone’s life. I waited for my chance…
It happened finally, I was having my evening walk around a garden and I saw a little pup running off to the road breaking the jinx of her mistress. The ecstasy of freedom may be made her ignore the danger that was speeding at her. Without another thought I jumped on to the road and grabbed her. Without a miss I was hit on my left leg.
After a few hours I could feel the pain of the needle that has been poked on to me. I had my wound plastered. The beautiful mistress was around me and was looking at me with gratitude! Wow… the feeling was inexplicable… At last a look, care and a little of empathy towards me! I almost forgot my pain on my limbs.
The happiness did not last longer. After my return in spite of repeated attempts I never saw the pup or her beautiful mistress. I also failed in an attempt to find their living place! Green leaves turned red and new leaves sprouted. My condition worsened day by day without proper care and attention. Moreover the dirtiness where I am living around worsened the situation. People started noticing me, but not for a good reason but due to the worsening wound on my leg. I was stoned away from streets and had to limp away. One evening when I was confining to myself I heard some footsteps coming closer. THUDDD...THUDD!!! Heavy metal sticks fell on my head and I can slowly feel cold creeping in.
I could just recognize some words that added more pain to me… KILL THAT DOG… It has Rabies!!!
Gist: Care for the street dogs and any living being around you. They are also Gods Creation.!
Dedicated this story to my friend Vikram, a dog lover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment